Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Whew...coming up for air & mindless ramblings.

Just thought I would update a bit. I have so many fun sessions to post and I will get to that soon. The Holiday rush at it's peak right now and I am scrambling to keep up. I am going to take a few weeks in December and revisit why I love photography and think about how to refocus (ha,ha-literally) on what really makes me happy. There are so many ULTRA talented photographers, especially in Utah. It seems like everyday I hear about another friend who is starting a photography business, and it is VERY competitive. Which makes lots of hours photographing, lots of hours editing, lots of hours managing the business end (which I am horrible at!)


Bottom line: I love to be behind the camera, and still plan on photographing, but I need to think things to the next level or get out of the game! I have invested mucho dinero in equipment over the last year and have photograph some of my best work yet, but I am feeling like something is missing for me...not sure what next year will bring!

3 comments:

TeamSG1 said...

I have noticed the increase in photographers as well. It has come to the point where you really need a niche or something to make you stand out from the rest. Maybe it's a style that's different. Or some value added options that is unique.

I guess the trick is to find a way to keep the business side happy and not letting it suck the fun out of the creative side making it just monotous.

Good luck to you.

Joanna Taylor said...

Amanda, just wanted to wish you luck as you evaluate what you are doing. I know...going through the same thing in evaluating my business too. :)
P.S. Are you going to WPPI?

team wilson said...

Amanda,
I just wanted to tell you that I love your photo's. I love the classy, yet modern style. One of my favorite ones was the one of Cyndia's little gal with the sucker and the drool running down. So cute! The lemonade stand one of your little girl was precious. I haven't seen anyone capture childhood that well. Just wanted you to know. Hope you guys are doing well. ~Heidi (Adams) Wilson